Saturday, September 17, 2011

Reading List

Ever since my sister Melanie taught me to read, I have had an almost insatiable craving to read anything I can get my hands on.  For the past few years, I have been in a book club.  We meet once a month to discuss the books and just have some fun girl time.  I have been pretty good this year about reading our books, in addition to other ones.  In years past, I have tried keeping a list of everything I had read for the year- I usually average about 30 books a year.  I definitely feel I have been slacking a little this year.  I blame it partly on this pregnancy.  I used to love to get into bed early and read until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.  Now, I pretty much get in bed and pass out immediately.  We are planning to go on vacation in October, so hopefully I can get caught up :)  Here is what I have read so far:

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
4 Blondes by Candace Bushnell
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
What to Expect when You're Expecting (working my way through it week-by-week) by Heidi Murkoff
Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Dune Road by Jane Green
Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rawandan Holocaust by Imaculee Ilibagiza
Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (I have tried to read this multiple times. Still working on it)
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Baby Bargains by Denise and Alan Fields

You may notice that there is a lot of teen fiction on my list.  I absolutely LOVED the Hunger Games trilogy and almost cried when I was finished reading it.  Now, I am hooked on Lauren Oliver books.  I have read her only two books and they were both fantastic.  I have a few other books by on request at the library by authors I have not yet read, so I should be able to add to the list pretty quickly.  Scott bought me a Kindle for my birthday this year and I learned recently that the library is in the process of making it possible to "check out" e-books!  This is HUGE!  I love my Kindle, but sometimes struggle with the fact of paying so much for a book that isn't a physical book.  And of course I love the library because it is free.

What are you reading right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment