Saturday, September 3, 2011

Halfway!

I've seen this survey floating around online and I stole it from my book club friend Kristen.  I haven't really talked much about my pregnancy on the blog so far and since I'm now past the halfway mark, I thought you all should know what's going on with me, my bod and my baby.

How far along? 21 weeks

Total weight gain/loss? 8ish lbs.- which I think I am carrying all up top...if ya know what I mean.

Maternity clothes? Some, but not all.  I have this awesome pair of maternity khaki pants that roll up to be capris.  They are the best.  I could live in them!  I'm pretty much still wearing my jeans and regular shirts, though.  I actually WANT to wear maternity clothes.  I got a lot of really cute things from my friend Amanda and purchased a few things from Old Navy that I am eager to wear.

Stretch marks? Not yet...hopefully not ever!  My mom and sister did not get them, so I'm holding out hope that I will be the same.

Sleep? Hit or miss.  One night, I will sleep like a champ, only waking up once to pee, while other nights, I feel I spend more time in the bathroom than in bed.  I hate sleeping on my side, so I bought a body pillow to hug while I sleep and that has really helped.  

Best moment last week? Seeing our baby on the ultrasound screen.  I could have looked at that all day :)

Movement? Some, mostly at night.  He was all over the place during the ultrasound, so I must just not be feeling it yet.

Food cravings? Not many.  I was feeling pretty queasy my first trimester and all I wanted was mashed potatoes and gravy and really starchy foods.  Now, I'm pretty much eating normal again.  I have found that while I'm not craving a lot of things, I have definite aversions to certain foods.  I normally love chicken wings and the thought of eating meat off the bone right now makes me want to vomit :(   I also cannot stomach the thought of coffee right now, either.

Gender? BOY!!!  We just found out this past Thursday and couldn't be happier!

Labor signs? Nope...thank goodness!

Belly button in/out? In.  My tummy isn't very big yet, so we'll see!  I just took my bellybutton ring out the other day, just in case my belly does pop in the near future.

What I miss: Wanting to go to the gym after work, drinking coffee and beer

What I am looking forward to: Being able to feel movement from the outside!

Overall update: Overall, everything is looking great! My doctor is really laid back and happy with how my pregnancy is coming along.  I have been experiencing a lot of heart burn lately- apparently that means I am having a hairy baby!

Baby Names: We don't really have anything we are set on yet...but since everyone likes to know what we're thinking, here you go.
- Boy: We are leaning towards Michael, but nothing set in stone yet.

And now...what you've been waiting for...the picture!




3 comments:

  1. wow. I still cannot believe you are not showing! And I took a TON of Tums smoothies with Tristin. I hate heartburn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tums Smoothies are my favorite! I keep a bottle on my desk, one in the car and one at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just too dang cute and tiny! Congrats on having a boy!! And it would be AWESOME if those pesky stretch marks stay away! Hope your pregnancy stays fairly easy!!

    ReplyDelete